Amish Style Smothered Chicken
3 cups sliced mushrooms FRESH OR canned
2 sweet onions sliced
(add a little garlic to the onions and mushrooms when you saute them)
1 Tbs butter
1 can cream of mushroom soup
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
2 tablespoons butter
3 cups mozzarella cheese, Shredded
3/4 cup chicken broth
salt pepper and garlic to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. saute mushrooms and onions in pan with 1 Tbs butter just til tender.
3. Dip chicken into beaten eggs, then roll in bread crumbs.
4. In skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Brown both sides of chicken in skillet.
5. Place chicken in pan, arrange onions and mushrooms on chicken, and top with mozzarella cheese.
6. Add chicken broth and cream of mushroom soup together and stir til blended then pour over top of mushroom, onion and chicken..
7. Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.