Cinnamon Roll Breadtwists
• 1½ cups warm water
• 2 Tbsp. sugar
• 1 Tbsp. yeast
• 3½ cups flour
• 1 tsp Salt
Cinnamon Sugar Mixture
• 5 Tablespoons Butter, melted
• ⅓ cup sugar
• 2 teaspoons cinnamon
• Cream Cheese Glaze:
• 4 ounce cream cheese, softened
• 3 Tablespoons butter, softened
• 1 cup powdered sugar
• ¼ cup half and half
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Mix warm water, sugar and yeast together. Let that sit for 5 minutes.
2. Add flour and salt to the water, sugar, and yeast. Mix this until smooth and let it raise for 10 minutes. A stand mixer with the dough hook works well.
3. Roll out the dough in a large square on a floured surface. Brush the dough with the melted butter. Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle on top of the melted butter.
4. Fold the dough in half. Cut the dough into one inch strips. A pizza cutter works great.
5. Twist the one inch strips of dough and place on a cookie sheet. Let that sit for another 10-15 minutes to raise.
6. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown. 17 minutes for these to be lightly brown.
7. To make the cream cheese glaze, combine softened cream cheese, softened butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Mix until combined and smooth. Drizzle on top of the breadtwists.