1 - 24 ounce package – frozen egg noodles (unfrozen can be use also)
2 - 14.7 oz cans – cream of chicken soup – you may use 1 can chicken & 1 can cream of celery
1 stick (1/2) cup butter – cut into pieces
1 - 32 oz chicken broth – may want extra to thin out, if too thick. the frozen noodles thicken the broth
mixed vegetables (optional)
Chicken bouillon or bouillion chicken flavored paste – for a richer chicken flavor
6 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 4 large
salt & pepper to taste – can add some parsley too if desire
1. Salt & pepper chicken breasts and place in the bottom of crock pot.
2. Spoon soup over the chicken.
3. Cut butter into several pats and place pieces evenly over soup.
4. Whisk the bouillon with the broth and pour over soup.
5. Place lid on pot and turn to low. Cook for 6 hours.
6. Remove chicken and tear into pieces. Add back to pot.
7. Now add noodles and if adding veggies add now. Cook for another 2 hours or until noodles are desired tenderness. Stir a few times during last 2 hours. ( You may want to add more broth to thin out at the end of cooking, as the home made noodles thicken the broth, if you like. )
8. Sprinkle with parsley and mix in, if using at the end of cooking.
9. Salt & pepper if needed and Serve.