Hashbrown Hamburger Casserole
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 20 oz. package of refrigerated hash brown potatoes (appx 3 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a skillet, cook onion in olive oil over medium high heat until translucent. Add in ground beef and cook until browned. If there is a lot of fat from the ground beef, pour it off at this time.
- Add in the flour and cook for one minute, stirring.
- Add in ketchup, broth, Worcestershire, salt and pepper and veggies. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Spread mixture in bottom of 9x13 baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix potatoes, cheese and butter.
- Spread potato mixture over beef/veggie mixure.
- Bake 45 minutes or until hash browns are golden brown.