Homemade Roasted Garlic Rosemary Baked Meatballs
- To roast garlic: Take loose skin off the garlic bulb and cut off the tip of the garlic cloves, still in the bulb. Rub garlic bulb with a little bit of olive oil and wrap it in aluminum foil. Preheat oven to 400, place wrapped garlic on a baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes, depending on the size of garlic bulb. (Note: this step can be made the day before and you can just refrigerate roasted garlic until ready to use.)
- Preheat oven to 350 and rub 2.5 to 3 quart casserole dish with some olive oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, ground pork, egg, bread crumbs, minced onion, minced rosemary, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Carefully peel roasted garlic and take out the roasted garlic cloves. Add them to the bowl. Mix very well, until all ingredients are completely incorporated.
- Roll about 1.5 inch meatballs and place them snugly in the casserole dish.
- Stick individual, raw garlic cloves in between meatballs and add rosemary springs on top.
- Cover casserole dish with aluminum foil and bake for 35 minutes.
- Take off the foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes. (Since size of meatballs will vary, time might vary slightly.) You can cut into a meatball to check if it's done.