Old Fashioned Potato Salad
- 3 to 3-1/2 pounds potatoes (about 10 medium)
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Additional hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1. In a large kettle, cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender. Drain and cool. Peel potatoes, cut into small chunks.. Separate 5 egg yolks from whites. Set yolks aside. Chop whites and add to potatoes with onion.
- 2. In a small bowl, mash yolks. Stir in mayonnaise, milk, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper. Pour over potatoes; toss well. Adjust seasonings if necessary. Spoon into a serving bowl. Garnish with egg slices from remaining egg and paprika. Chill until serving. Yield: 12 servings.