Amish Style Sorghum Cookies
- 1 1/2 c. shortening
- 2 c. brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sorghum (or molasses)
- 4 1/2 c. white flour
- 4 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tsp. salt
- white sugar (for rolling)
Yields 8-10 dozen
- Cream shortening and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs and sorghum and mix well.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients and mix until incorporated into dough.
- Chill dough for several hours.
- Shape into 1" balls.
- Roll each ball in white sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 min.