Historic Patrick House to host garage sale
by Ohio's Amish Country
The Historic Patrick House will be the site of a benefit garage sale on Saturday, Sept. 1, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., featuring architectural salvage such as old and very old interior and exterior house hardware, fixtures, and accessories. Patrick House is owned by Hugh and Carolyn Berry, of New Philadelphia, and is located at 233 Fair Ave. NW, New Philadelphia.
Customers might find things like light fixtures and globes, interior and exterior doors and door hardware, windows and window latches and other parts, moldings, pillars, sinks, as well as signs, corbels, mantels, gas lights, grates, spindles, drawer pulls, brackets, shutters, and even slate for roofing and slabs of old fireplace marble. All inventory is donated by friends and members of the Heritage Home Association of Tuscarawas County.
Proceeds of the sale will aid the organization in its ambitious mission: the documentation and preservation of the architecturally and historically significant homes, buildings, and neighborhoods of Tuscarawas County, cultivating awareness and appreciation of this part of the local heritage, encouraging interest in preserving historic structures within the community, and educating those who are interested in preservation or are actively involved in the restoration of historically significant structures.
Donations of Old House Parts (pre-1950) and antiques are currently being accepted. Contributions of merchandise and/or cash may be tax deductible, as the organization is tax-exempt under IRS Section 501(c)(3).
For more information about the sale, about making contributions, or to volunteer to help, call George at 330-364-5757.